What is the NRF (National Retail Federation) and what do they do? Today’s guest, Katherine Cullen, is the senior director of industry and consumer insights for the National Retail Federation’s research team. That means that she leads NRF’s research on consumer spending and emerging retail trends. What does that information tell us about retail today?
Listen to today’s interview to learn more about it. You’ll hear what Katherine has to say about her own journey to the NRF, why in-location experiences remain so important, and what she has to share about Generation Z’s shopping and buying behaviors.
TOPICS DISCUSSED IN TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Katherine’s background
- What led Katherine to NRF
- What’s changed over the last few years in retail
- Why in-location experiences matter
- Generation Z buying behavior
- Advice for staying current for Generation Z while serving older consumers as well
- How to engage with older consumers on digital channels
- What Black Friday will look like post-COVID
- How online channels serve in-store performance
- Retail technology adoption that’s grown recently
- New technologies that will impact shopping