Barruch Ben-Zekry is the Founder and CEO of Out&Back, a managed marketplace for outdoor gear leveling up the peer-to-peer resale experience. He joins the show to talk about why re-commerce has so much potential in the outdoors market, how building partnerships with brick-and-mortar stores helps drive growth in a largely digital industry, and why customer experience is central to sustainable growth.
- Barruch’s background in the apparel industry and how he came to found Out&Back
- How Out&Back found a niche in the outdoor gear re-commerce market
- The need for managed marketplaces adjacent to the peer-to-peer space
- Trust and convenience as the foundation for Out&Back’s business model
- Partnerships with brick and mortar stores as a supplementary sales channel
- The importance of partner alignment when expanding a collaborative strategy
- Why the customer experience is vital for any contemporary marketplace